The Art Of Mr. Bill is designed for beginner users through to advanced level users of Live.
Most online tutorials will show you neat tricks, important, helpful functions of Live and other fancy things, however, many of them fail to apply these techniques into practical applications that you can ultimately use to make music.
The Art Of Mr. Bill differs from these as it is focused on writing a track from start to finish with no corners cut during the process.
This course (Season 1) is made up of 10 x 1 hour videos, each focusing on a new section of the writing process.
Season 1 aims to show people how I utilise Ableton Live to write music and also discusses an overview of the software (ranging from the very basic to more complex features) including everyday practical applications for a lot of the features.
By the end of the course, you can expect to:
- Have a good understanding of how electronic music is written in Ableton Live.
- Understand the difference between MIDI and audio (and the different applications and uses for both).
- Have a good understanding of how to arrange and finish tracks.
- Understand the premise of synthesizing your own sounds.
- Understand sampling, when, how and why to do it.
- Discover many keyboard shortcuts and other workflow tricks to speed up the writing process.
- Be able to tackle the process of writing a track from start to finish in Ableton Live using just a few samples and Ableton Live’s native instruments and effects.